Delivery Architect Lead (ITIL, Agile, Testing, Support)
Posted Jun 03
HM Revenue and Customs
Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Delivery Architect Lead (ITIL, Agile, Testing, Support)
Salary: £65,500- £72,450
Location: Telford and Newcastle (Regular travel to various client sites will be required as part of this role.)
With 60000+ staff and 50m customers HMRC is one of the biggest organisations in the UK, running the largest digital operation in Government and one of the biggest IT estates in Europe. We have six modern, state-of-the-art digital delivery centres where multiple cross functional agile teams thrive in one of the most dynamic and innovative environments in the UK. We are expanding our Case Management Delivery Group and are recruiting into a number of posts within the Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Service in Telford and Newcastle.
Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) was set up in 2015 as a subsidiary of HMRC's Chief Digital & Information Officer Group and has one of the largest customer bases in the world. This is an exciting time for our organisation as we embark on a bold plan to make HMRC one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
RCDTS comprises a team of technology experts working on essential IT projects: tackling tax non-compliance through creating a single case management platform for HMRC, and developing the technology that supports the collection of revenue through borders and trade with other countries.
The Case Management Delivery Group develops innovative solutions to improve resilience and performance of its services and to enhance user experience. Its focus is on collaboration with other internal technology teams, HMRC departments and external suppliers to deliver value for money.
We design, build and run services that are based primarily on Documentum and Pega technologies, however, these have recently been augmented by other tools, including Java and AngularJS. We are embracing Open Source and Cloud technologies to help us support HMRC's drive to Make Tax Digital.
To accomplish this, we employ experienced subject matter experts in both the technology and the business streams who work together with a wide range of IT functional experts as an agile, flexible team.
We have four strategic locations; London, Worthing, Newcastle and Telford.
Employee Benefits Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services offers a wide range of Employee
• Corporate Group Income Protection Pension - Defined Contributions Scheme
• Leave entitlement - 22 days on joining, rising to 25 days after 1 year and 27 days after 10 years' service
• Corporate life assurance (x 4 salary)
• Voluntary travel insurance
• Voluntary personal accident cover
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Non-contractual bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
Summary of the Delivery Architect Lead (ITIL, Agile, Testing, Support) Role
The Delivery Architecture Lead is accountable for the base line and target architecture definition and IT strategy across the Case Management Delivery Group. This includes the creation, management and socialisation of application and technology standards and reference artefacts within Case Management Delivery Group, and ensuring alignment with wider HMRC technology policies.
Accountability for architecture change governance and liaising with CTO and other delivery groups to ensure alignment with HMRC IT strategy.
Responsibilities of the Delivery Architect Lead (ITIL, Agile, Testing, Support)
• You will lead a team of delivery architects aligned with Case Management delivery group.
• You will be part of the CMDG senior leadership team participating fully in departmental decision making & delivery, ensuing our long term transformation and innovation agenda is in line with the group strategy.
• You will create & maintain the baseline architecture, including reference to the relevant business, information and technology domain components;
• You will ensure engagement with project teams to define the technology architecture components of a solution, provide ongoing assurance of technology solutions through to delivery;
• You will ensure that NFR's are collected and designed for in collaboration with Business analysts.
• You will ensure technology roadmaps are defined, documented and communicated;
• You will effectively apply the IT strategy and architecture principles to ensure they are achieved through delivery of the roadmap;
• You will liaise with vendors and industry advisors to understand the available market offerings, product features, future roadmaps
• and how they map to the target technology and software architectures and roadmaps to guide the right decisions and maximum value from investments and relationships;
• You will maintain and communicate the technology roadmaps, covering lifecycle planning, capacity planning, obsolescence, availability of support, major version upgrades and vendor roadmaps.
• Other information
Essential Knowledge, Criteria and Skills for the Delivery Architect Lead (ITIL, Agile, Testing, Support) Role
• Significant experience as an Software Architect, or Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect or equivalent role
• Experience in setting up Architecture teams, leading teams of technologists including cyber security specialists.
• Able to devise a set of architectural principles to guide design and governance processes.
• Chairing of technical governance forums and ability to assess complex solutions based on agreed architectural principles.
• Extended experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as business analysis, application development, middleware, information analysis, technical architecture, service delivery);
• Experience of leading a technical subject area within a significant transformation programme through to successful delivery;
• Experience of influencing business stakeholders and communicating complex ideas and solution options in a simple and resonant way in order to gain buy-in and commitment;
• Experience proactively driving the definition of enterprise-level architecture, the roadmaps and programmes to deliver them and mobilisation of the necessary projects;
• Experience in supporting project delivery involving both in-house and third-party design, development, testing and project management;
• Experience of different delivery lifecycles and service delivery methods will be beneficial, e.g. RUP, Agile, TDD, Waterfall, Prince2, ITIL and similar;
• Practical knowledge of TOGAF and ZACHMAN frameworks.
Desirable Knowledge, Criteria and Skills for the Delivery Architect Lead (ITIL, Agile, Testing, Support) Role
• Experience of working with Pega and/or Documentum in an agile environment.
• Understanding of Cloud Computing Architecture
• Experience of migrating to Cloud/Virtual environments
Equivalent SFIA level: Level 5 for Architecture
To apply for the role of Delivery Architect Lead (ITIL, Agile, Testing, Support), please click 'apply now'.
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria and qualifications stated above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria.
Interview panels for all roles may take place in Telford.
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay: 65,500 to 72,450 GBP (British Pound)
Pay Period: Annual
Other Pay Info: £65,500- £72,450
Welcome to the DN Job Board
Recruiting for digital talent in or near Greater Nashville?
This is definitely the place to post.